Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BGG math trade goodness

I'm a regular participant in math trades on BoardGameGeek. More often than not, my submissions go untraded. Last week, though, a trade closed and I had two successful trades. I got the first of the two incoming packages in the mail this afternoon.

I picked up two small games, Sergeants! On the Eastern Front and Battle for Hill 218, for one game that I had absolutely zero interest in. (Incidentally, it was a game that I'd gotten in a previous math trade; I have no idea why I put it on a want list).

Sergeants! is an introductory-level hex-and-counter game on a tactical scale, pitting Germans against Russians in WWII (as is probably obvious from the title). I've heard reasonably good things about it, but, frankly, it will probably end up on the shelf for a while.

Hill 218 is a card game. I've heard very good things about this one as well, and I've been looking for a nice self-contained (i.e., not collectible) card game for a while. I've got high hopes for this one, and I hope to get it to the table soon.

I'd call this a decent, but certainly not spectacular, trade for me. The games I got were pretty small, and I'm only marginally interested in one of the two, but my subjective valuation of the game I traded away was pretty close to zero. So if I end up getting any play at all out of Hill 218, I definitely will have come out ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment