Thursday, January 14, 2010

You may call me ... master


Pathfinder Society at the Monkey Den last night.  In a bit of a changeup, I DMed.  Now that's something I don't want to make a habit of.  I enjoy it, I guess, but it really takes a lot of work.  I spend way more time prepping for stuff like this than I probably should, but that's the way I'm wired.

The scenario was Voice in the Void -- a return to the oft-troubled Blakros Museum.  We had a good time, I guess.  Nobody died, the mission was a success, and all characters finished their faction missions.  So, from that standpoint, it was all good.  The only real downside was that it took us forever to get through the scenario.  It was after midnight when we wrapped up, and this was even though I  really made an effort to move things along smartly.  (Granted, there was a pizza break in there, but still.)  I'm pretty shot today.

As to the scenario itself:  I wasn't that crazy about it, to be honest.  No spoilers or anything, but I didn't feel the story it told made much sense.  Still, I'm looking forward to the next session, and playing rather than running it.

No comments:

Post a Comment