Thursday, February 11, 2010

Must... resist...

I am itching to buy this.

And not just the computer version.  I am battling a wracking physical compulsion directing me to go out and buy the tabletop rules and about three or four 15 mm armies.

Until about ten days ago, I never had the slightest interest in ancient warfare.  Then I happened across this review, which led me to the above-linked site, which led me to additional research, etc., etc.  Bottom line:  the Wanting Mind has kicked in.  Hard.

Pretty, pretty hoplites.

But!  2010 is the Year of Warmachine.  And, I have an entire Flames of War panzergren army to paint.  "Have" as in have.  As in bought and paid for.  As in the boxes are strewn around my office right now.

So.  I will be thankful for what I have.  I will work on the projects I have already undertaken before I bite off any new ones.  I will resist.

Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment